Our Classic 5-Week curriculum goes beyond mere “head knowledge” of God’s Word. We equip students to apply the life-changing reality of Scripture directly to their personal lives, struggles, challenges, fears, doubts, and failures.
The result is a transformed spiritual walk and a contagious spiritual fire that radically impacts every area of that person’s life. During this program you will:
- Gain a clear understand of the Gospel and how to let it change you from the inside out
- Learn the principles of effective prayer and unshakable faith
- Overcome doubt and disillusionment toward God and His Word
- Develop Biblically-based discernment and learn how to reason from a Gospel world-view
- Build God-honoring habits and cultivate a Christ-centered lifestyle
- Grow closer to Jesus Christ and learn how to build your life around Him
Classic Training Curriculum Overview:
Our 5-Week Classic Training Curriculum is built upon 7 key principles for spiritual growth:
1. The Word of God — We take the Bible seriously. And we want our students to trust the Scriptures implicitly, come under its authority, and learn to properly receive and study the Word of God. It is our hope each student will:
2. Understand and submit to the authority of Scripture
Be committed to faithfully obeying Christ’s commands
Understand Jesus is the fulfillment and focal point of the entire Bible
Understand how to properly study and reason through the Scriptures
Understand how to read and have a global perspective of the Word of God
During the training, students will gain an unshakable Biblical framework, develop a deep passion for the changeless Word of God, learn to recognize and resist the error of the post-modern gospel, and gain a strong personal grasp of how to study and apply Scripture to every facet of their lives.
3. The Gospel — All of Scripture is focused on the Person of Jesus Christ and His salvific action upon the Cross—and we desire our students to not only understand the extraordinary news of the life and work of Jesus Christ, but to also personally walk in the victory and triumph that the Gospel has provided. We believe that freedom from the bondage of sin, and the life-defining attributes of love, joy, and peace are not meant to merely be nice-sounding Scriptural concepts, but rather the daily experience and outflow of the Christian’s life. During the Ellerslie’s 5-Week Discipleship Training, students will explore the key components of the Gospel; study the pattern for historic, Biblical Christianity; and gain a clear understanding for how to not just esteem Truth, but live it out daily through the enabling power of God.
4. Christ In Us — The Bible emphasizes that we are not only to be “In Christ” but Christ is to be in us, through the indwelling of His Holy Spirit—which is the “engine” that propels a Christian life forward into God’s endless frontier. His enabling grace and power, via the Holy Spirit transforms a human life from the inside out—refining, purifying, and consecrating every thought, attitude, decision, and action into an expression of His character. Ellerslie’s 5-Week Discipleship Training interjects God’s Truth into the nitty-gritty areas of life—the way we treat others, the way we conduct ourselves, the way we govern our thought-lives, the way we make decisions, the way we handle our sexuality, and the way we spend our free time. We want students to understand how to exchange worldly behavior patterns for God’s glorifying ones, and showcase a heavenly conduct that brings renown to the Name of Christ. And it is His Spirit within us that supernaturally equips us to live a life that would be impossible in our own strength.
5. Victorious Faith — We want our students to live victorious and triumphant lives in Christ, rather than be harassed by the enemy and continually under the bondage of sin. We train our students in a basic Biblical framework to understand that Scripture reveals we are in the midst of a spiritual battle and can live in the victory Christ provided. He has given us “weapons of warfare” and spiritual armor—all contained in Christ—with which we experience refuge, strength, fortification, victory, triumph, peace, and abundant life as we exercise our faith in Him.
6. Bold Confession — Our modern age is aggressively becoming anti-Christian and every believer must make a choice of where to stand. Will you grow silent and sign upon the dotted line of the culture? Or will you stand for truth, becoming a part of the praying, confessing Church? Throughout training, students are taught the Good News of Jesus Christ and how to boldly go into all the world in pursuit of lost souls. They will hear the call to be God’s hands and feet to the lost, the weak, the poor, the destitute, and the orphan. Students will learn how to build mighty personal faith and overcome spiritual weakness in order to be truly ready and able to make a godly impact upon the world.
7. Wrestling Prayer — Prayer can’t be baked down into a step-by-step recipe or cookie-cutter formula. But there are some Biblical principles that, when applied to your personal prayer life, can revolutionize your experience with a God who hears and answers prayer. We believe that prayer is powerful and is essential in the Christian life. As Leonard Ravenhill once said: “If weak in prayer we are weak everywhere.” Throughout the discipleship training, students will learn how to find vibrant success in their prayer life, not just through academic training, but through spending time on bended knees.
Have questions about our curriculum or schedule? Email us and we’d love to help!
Classic Training Daily Schedule
Each day at Ellerslie is unique, but here is a taste of what an average day looks like here – we invite you to take a look!
Note: This schedule is subject to change.
8:15am Daily Thunder
9:30am Morning Session
12:30pm Lunch + Personal Study/Rest/Free Time
3:00pm Afternoon Session
7:00pm Evening Training, Personal Study, or Activity
Most days include various work duties (for on-campus students), personal study time, and evening activities designed to strengthen your walk with the Lord. Weekends typically have a mixture of special activities, spiritual training, personal study, free time, and student life events.