Summer 2020 Transition FAQs
1. Will my payment plan schedule remain the same if I transfer, or can I extend it?
For simplicity’s sake, we would love love love to keep everything as is. That said, we recognize that some of you may need to discuss modifications to your payment plans with us. Please be aware that this semester change-up has created a great deal of complex clerical changes for us here at Ellerslie, so, if you are able to keep your financial setup as-is, it will really help us figure all this out. But, please don’t let that statement hinder you from requesting a modification from us if you need it by emailing our registrars ([email protected]).
2. Am I automatically signed up for the summer Ellerslie Online training?
Yes. But there is a condition. Once you officially transfer your current summer spot into one of the available future programs here at Ellerslie THEN you are automatically registered for the June 2020 Ellerslie Online training.
3. DO I GET ACCESS TO THE ELLERSLIE ONLINE SUMMER PROGRAM PLUS GETTING TO TRANSFER TO ANOTHER SEMESTER, OR AM I SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE JUST ONE OF THOSE OPTIONS?
When you transfer, you get both.
4. WHAT IF NONE OF THE UPCOMING TRAININGS WORK FOR ME AND I’M UNABLE TO MAKE A TRANSFER?
First off, that would be a big bummer! If this is the case for you, why don’t you reach out to us and explain your situation (adm[email protected]). We would like to work through it with you and see if we can find a creative solution.
5. WHAT IF I DO NOTHING AND NEVER FILL OUT THE FORM TO TRANSFER MY REGISTRATION?
Hmmm. That would be strange. But, to be frank, nothing would happen. However, there are some downsides to “nothing” happening. You would NOT be registered for the Summer 2020 Ellerslie Online training because it’s the “transfer” that initiates the registration. Your scholarship (if you had one) would not transfer with you to the new training and your financial sponsorship (if you had one) would not transfer either. But, of course, the biggest loss (in our opinion) is that you would NOT be registered for an upcoming onsite training here in Windsor — and we would really love to spend that time with you. So, please don’t let “nothing” happen.
6. What happens if I transfer to another program and then that one doesn’t materialize either?
We don’t even like thinking such thoughts! But, with all the craziness going around, we all know that stranger things have happened as of late. If this “worst case scenario” happens, we will do two key things. 1) We will pray like never before, and 2) we will creatively address the matter in a way that honors God and honors you.
7. If I received a scholarship, can it be given to someone else if I am not able to use it now?
If you have a situation like this, please present it to us via email at [email protected] and we can walk you through the steps that would be needed in order for us to evaluate the possibility. Since there is an application process to get into Ellerslie, we can’t just transfer scholarships without first receiving a student application, reviewing that student application, and accepting that student based on their application and interview.
8. May I still be a part of the Summer online class if no other options work for me?
If you transfer from the summer semester to a different semester in 2020 or 2021 via the transfer form we supplied to you, then you are automatically enrolled in the new Online Summer 2020 program. If you do not transfer, then the enrollment process would not be triggered. (See FAQ #4)